MHL Investments Notice of Privacy
This privacy notice complies with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and federal regulations governing the privacy of financial information applicable to our clients. MHL Investments Notice of Privacy We are committed to providing our clients with quality service. While collecting information about you is essential to meet your needs, we recognize the importance of handling your personal information with care. Accordingly, we have established this Notice of Privacy and related policies. Confidentiality and Security of Your Information We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information. We educate our employees about the terms of this Notice and the importance of customer privacy. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and others who need to know that information to provide services to you, to maintain your accounts, or conduct our business. Information We Collect About You Collecting information from you is essential to our ability to offer quality services. As part of that process, we may collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Based upon the services provided, information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, government agencies and from your agent banks and prime brokers where applicable.
- Information that is used to facilitate emails from you.
Categories of Information We Disclose and to Whom We do not disclose any information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. We may disclose the types of information listed below to companies that help us conduct our business, that perform administrative or others services on our behalf, or other financial institutions with which we now or may have joint marketing agreements:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, Social Security number (if an individual), assets, income and beneficiaries.
- Information about your transactions with us, or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, government agencies and from your agent banks and prime brokers where applicable, and from other sources, such as information concerning credit worthiness and history, and certain information requested pursuant to US Patriot Act anti-money laundering prevention rules and regulations.
Anti-Money Laundering Customer Identity Verification Notice
Under the USA PATRIOT Act, established to further combat terrorism and money-laundering activities, our Firm is required to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account with us at the time of opening an “account.” An “account”is defined as a formal relationship with a broker/dealer established to effect transactions in securities. What types of information will you need to provide? For an individual, when you open an account, we are required to collect information and documentation from you:
- Date of Birth
- If you are a U.S. Citizen, a taxpayer identification number (social security number or employer identification number).
- If you are a non-U.S. Citizen, any of the following set of identification information: tax payer identification number, passport number, and country of issuance; alien identification card number; government-issued identification showing nationality, residence, and a photograph of you.
- In order to verify the above information: An unexpired government-issued identification evidencing nationality, residence, and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard, such as a driver’s license or passport.
For an entity, when an account is opened, we are required to collect the following information and documentation:
- If you are a U.S. entity, a taxpayer identification number (employer identification number).
- If you are a non-U.S. entity that has a U.S. IRS tax identification number, you will be asked to provide this number.
- If you are a non-U.S. entity without a U.S. IRS tax identification number, any of the following set of identification information: alternative government-issued documentation certifying the existence of the business or enterprise.
- In order to verify the above information: Documents showing the existence of the entity, such as certified articles of incorporation, a government-issued business license, a partnership agreement, or a trust instrument.
In light of the increased instances of identity fraud, we may also utilize the following additional measures:
- Contacting you
- Independently verifying your identity through the comparison of information provided by you with information obtained from a consumer reporting agency, public database, or other source.
- Checking references with other financial institutions.
- Obtaining a financial statement.
We may, under the following circumstances, rely on the performance by another financial institution (including an affiliate) of some or all of the elements of the our customer identification program with respect to any customer that is opening an account or has established an account or similar business relationship with the other financial institution to provide or engage in services, dealings, or other financial transactions: Such reliance is reasonable under the circumstances, when the other financial institution is subject to a rule implementing the antimoney laundering compliance program requirements and is regulated by a Federal functional regulator; and when the other financial institution has entered into a contract with us requiring it to certify annually to us that it has implemented its anti-money laundering program; and that it will perform (or its agent will perform) specified requirements of the customer identification program. What happens if I don’t provide the information requested or my identity can’t be verified? Our firm may not be able to open an account or carry out transactions for you. If our firm has already opened an account for you, we may have to close it. We thank you for your patience and hope that you will support the financial industry’s efforts to deny terrorists and money launderers access to America’s financial system.
MHL INVESTMENTS BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN SUMMARY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
MHL Investments (“MHLe”), pursuant to Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (“FINRA”) rules, has created a Business Continuity Plan, to address and guide our response to and recovery from Significant Business Disruptions (“SBDs”). Copies of this Summary Disclosure Statement shall be given to all clients at the time they open their accounts with MHLe. MHLe’s Business Continuity Plan is subject to modification and an updated summary will be promptly emailed to our clients. Alternatively, clients may obtain updated summaries by requesting a written copy by mail or fax. In all of the following scenarios, MHLe plans to continue business and our planned recovery time, depending upon the time of occurrence, should not exceed 24 hours from the time of the declaration of the SBD. Staff, telephone calls, and emails will return to their original location upon full restoration of service. Disruption to a single building or our Firm’s main office If a disruption occurs at our main office located at Everspire Plaza, 6900 S. 900 E., Suite 200, Midvale, UT 84047, we will move our staff from affected office(s) to the closest of our unaffected office location(s). If none of our other office locations is available to receive those staff, we will move them to Presidio Wealth Management, 6967 South River Gate Drive, Suite 102, Midvale, UT 84047. Its main telephone number is (801) 290-3201. Disruption to a business district If a disruption occurs in our business district affecting our main office, we will move our staff from affected office(s) to the closest of our unaffected office location(s). If none of our other office locations is available to receive those staff, we will move them to Presidio Wealth Management, 6967 South River Gate Drive, Suite 102, Midvale, UT 84047. Its main telephone number is (801) 290-3201. City-wide business disruption If a disruption occurs in our city-wide area that affects our main office, we will move our staff from affected office(s) to the closest of our unaffected office location(s). If none of our other office locations is available to receive those staff, we will move them to Presidio Wealth Management, 6967 South River Gate Drive, Suite 102, Midvale, UT 84047. Its main telephone number is (801) 290-3201. Regional disruption If a regional disruption occurs that affects our main office, we will move our staff from affected office(s) to the closest of our unaffected office location(s). If none of our other office locations is available to receive those staff, we will move them to Presidio Wealth Management, 6967 South River Gate Drive, Suite 102, Midvale, UT 84047. Its main telephone number is (801) 290-3201. MHLe has also contracted with various entities to ensure that sensitive information is made redundant at back-up facilities. However, due to the nature of such information we do not disclose the specific location of any back-up facilities, any proprietary information contained in our Business Continuity Plan or the parties with whom we have back-up arrangements. Please call if you should you have any questions at 801-545-8706. Thank you. Roy Jones, CEO, CCO, GSP SEC RULE 17a-3(a)(18) – CUSTOMER INQUIRIES Dear Client or Investor: SEC Rule 17a-3(a)(18) requires our Firm to maintain a record indicating that each client or investor has been provided with a notice containing the address to which you may transmit any inquiries that you may have respecting our Firm. Additionally, our Firm must ensure that you are provided with a notice indicating the telephone number and the address at our Firm to which such inquiries may be directed. MHL Investments hereby provides the following address and telephone number to which any customer inquiries may be directed: MHL Investments Attn: Roy Jones, CCO Everspire Plaza, 6900 S. 900 E., Suite 200, Midvale, UT 84047 Tel (801) 545- 8706 NASD RULE 2342 – SIPC INFORMATION As a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) funds are available to meet customer claims up to a maximum of $500,000 in cash and securities, with a $100,000 cash maximum. This protection is provided by the Securities and Investors Protection Act, which is administered by SIPC and is subject to certain conditions and limitations, details of which are available upon request. Information about SIPC, including the SIPC brochure, may be obtained by contacting SIPC: SIPC Web site address (www.sipc.org) SIPC telephone number (202-371-8300).